Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The GO! TEAM!!!



I've mentioned the new Go! Team album a couple of times on here, but I keep running to it, and it keeps getting better. It's dense, so it all kinda goes by in a blur the first few times, but once it starts sinking in, it really carries you a long way. One of the early highlights is "Apollo Throwdown," which is aptly named. A lot of this album could be the soundtrack to a new Rocky movie, no doubt, but Apollo Throwdown simply invokes images of Apollo training and dancing around the ring. (It really makes me really wish that Sly would have gone back and made a prequel between Rocky II and III where we could have seen Apollo in his prime, because he was never a bad guy, the story just caught him at the wrong time).

Just when you think the song has peaked and couldn't be more catchy, a new layer emerges to transcend your tempo to a Rocky III training montage on the beach speed (without all of the man hugging and bromance that emerged from Rocky and Apollo when Rocky finally got it. I will not be missing this tour whenever and wherever it hits the Midwest. I'm hoping my buddy Danny, is famous for amazing concert get-ups (see the picture below for how he dressed at Titus Andronicus) goes dressed as Apollo Creed for this show. I will pay for the costume as long as I promptly get it back after the show.


The Go! Team's new album, Rolling Blackouts, is out in the States on Feb. 1st, mark it down as a definite purchase.

The Go! Team-Apollo Throwdown (Not every post on here will be about Rocky, I swear):



No comments:

Post a Comment