Saturday, January 8, 2011

Friday Run

I went for a run in conditions that could only be described as the Rocky IV-outdoor-training-montage-in Russia-esque (Rocky had altitude and inclines, but never had to run on Clark Street in January in Chicago).  The snow was coming down at a ridiculous rate, to the point where you couldn't see a block ahead.  The winds were double-crossing, seemingly in my face at every corner (only in the Windy City).  And while most men were cowering next to their Friday night fireplaces, I was raging the streets on a wicked 3 mile course.  I had the shuffle on, and luckily "Everlasting Light," the opening track from last year's Black Keys' effort Brothers, came on early.  I turned off shuffle and rode the album straight through.  Clark Street, being angled, is always the most treacherous as the winds can really open up and wreak havoc in inexplicable ways.  Luckily, "Tighten Up" came on during this stretch and carried me through to Irving Park and I survived.  One of the more terrifying/rewarding jaunts I've had. 

Just go.

The Black Keys-Tighten Up (Do not attempt to listen to this on your computer while running.  Go download it):



No comments:

Post a Comment